Social Media Assistant/Associate Editor
Philadelphia, Northfield, Colorado Springs
SSPR is the most agile technology communications agency in the nation. We’ve integrated experts in every field of public relations to masterfully craft messaging, drive media relations, and help our clients build a brand. We are a team of 80+ creatives who are relentlessly curious, bright, and excited about what we do. We love a good challenge and a good happy hour.
SSPR offers medical and dental benefits and a generous 401K match. We enjoy paid time off and long weekends on major holidays. We soak in the sun with summer hours, champion success with employee recognition, give back with volunteer time off and stay current through professional development. We host an office exchange to visit family and friends in any of our 7 cool locations without using vacation days, and remain committed to work life balance for all employees.
We are currently seeking creative, ambitious and articulate individuals to join our dynamic team of social media strategists. The social media team works closely with the public relations team and our clients to deliver thoughtful and effective content strategies that amplify brand identity and help drive goal achievement.
We are recruiting for an Assistant and/or Associate Editor depending on your experience.
This position supports the social media team in all aspects of client relations including research, strategy, execution and analysis. The person in this role is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive research and analysis on clients, industry, and market to social media team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the execution and implementation of defined social media strategy across a variety of accounts
- Researches, curates and creates content for client social media accounts with high level of supervision
- Builds reliable network of social media contacts and demonstrates the ability to analyze appropriate social media outlets for clients
- Monitors daily social media feeds and interacts/notifies account leads accordingly
- Attends conference calls and client meetings as active listener and note taker
- Drafts client notes for the account lead to forward onto clients
- Assists team with maintaining accurate records on updates for accounts and emails to account lead
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Prefer degrees in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Previous internship or relevant work experience managing social media in public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field required.
- Previous experience with Photoshop and Illustrator required. Prefer intermediate level of expertise.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume today. This is a great opportunity to explore your career with a growing organziation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Philadelphia, PA
- Northfield, IL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Social Media, Public Relations, Marketing: 1 year