Social Media Assistant Editor
This position supports the social media team in all aspects of client relations including research, strategy, execution and analysis. The person in this role is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive research and analysis on clients, industry, and market to social media team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the execution and implementation of defined social media strategy across a variety of accounts
- Researches, curates and creates content for client social media accounts with high level of supervision
- Builds reliable network of social media contacts and demonstrates the ability to analyze appropriate social media outlets for clients
- Monitors daily social media feeds and interacts/notifies account leads accordingly
- Attends conference calls and client meetings as active listener and note taker
- Drafts client notes for the account lead to forward onto clients
- Assists team with maintaining accurate records on updates for accounts and emails to account lead
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Prefer degrees in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Previous internship or relevant work experience managing social media in public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field required.
- Previous experience with Photoshop and Illustrator required. Prefer intermediate level of expertise.
- Attention to Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Results Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The position is permanent. The position is paid salary and full time work of 40 hours per week with some extended hours expected.
No travel is expected in this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers for general office duties such as typing, filing, or writing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
SSPR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SSPR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.